This branch of the New York Public Library opened in 1955, proudly named after the nearby historical landmark Macomb’s Dam Bridge. The swing bridge has been in operation since May 1895, and is the fifth oldest in New York City.
The Macomb’s Bridge Library is located in the Harlem River Houses at West 152nd Street and Adam Clayton Powell Jr. Blvd. NYPL describes this location as the smallest of the branch libraries, offering book collections for all ages, and is partially wheelchair accessible.
At this branch, a variety of programs are offered to its patrons (plus free wifi), focusing on building up connections within the schools in the neighborhood and the community.